- Hello world! on
- Church’s price hike: cobblers or canny? April 16, 2021If we’re going to see demand-driven inflation anywhere, then the luxury segment is an obvious place to look.
- Sir David Spiegelhalter: ‘Risk is a very loaded term’ April 16, 2021The statistician on the UK government’s ‘number theatre’, the value of lockdown sceptics and the use (and misuse) of statistics
- Get shorty: how Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals beat the hedgies April 16, 2021A story of $500,000 stuffed into underwear, skin disease and short sellers.
- Capitalising intangibles and indeterminate losses April 15, 2021Michael Mauboussin takes a look at one of the most fraught talking points in investing.
- Further reading April 15, 2021mRNA vaccines; Erdogan’s new dove; data inoperability; Mick Jagger; and much more.
- Church’s price hike: cobblers or canny? April 16, 2021
Category Archives: Equity
For years, I have been explaining to my students that there is a potential conflict of interest between the owners of a company and the people that lend money to it. Indeed, shareholders have the chance to get an upside on … Continue reading