- Hello world! on
- Thought for the weekend September 13, 2019“It is only the naïveté of Jay Powell”
- There’s a German word for negative rates September 13, 2019Two of them, in fact.
- Libra is imperialism by stealth September 13, 2019Stablecoins are dollarisation by proxy.
- Will artificial intelligence destroy poker? September 13, 2019An application of AI that isn’t primarily about marketing.
- My week at the end-of-the-world summit September 13, 2019Dizzyingly tiny numbers, late-night parties, cold-war secrets: Jemima Kelly attends the International Seminars on Planetary Emergencies
- Thought for the weekend September 13, 2019
Category Archives: Choice Debt Equity
On October 10th, it was revealed that Google is developing a self-driving car and that it had already tested it over 140,000 miles of public roads. I also learned, reading that article, that Google is sponsoring a prize for landing … Continue reading
On October 5th 2010, the Flemish business paper De Tijd published a short article entitled “Banken blijven noodlijdend technologiebedrijf Option steunen” (Banks are obliged to go on supporting the technology company Option). Option is a Belgian company manufacturing mobile modems. … Continue reading
For years, I have been explaining to my students that there is a potential conflict of interest between the owners of a company and the people that lend money to it. Indeed, shareholders have the chance to get an upside on … Continue reading