- Hello world! on
- Thoughts for the weekend July 20, 2018“...which had been built as an act of kindness”
- Deference to the Fed? No. Respect? Yes. July 20, 2018The President passes, then fails this test
- Imperial College corrects eToro cryptopuff: it wasn't 'research' after all July 20, 2018The distinction is not academic.
- Markets Live: Friday, 20th July, 2018 July 20, 2018
- An environmental run on the bank July 20, 2018Financial institutions need to insure against reputational shocks.
- Thoughts for the weekend July 20, 2018
Category Archives: Choice Debt Equity
On October 10th, it was revealed that Google is developing a self-driving car and that it had already tested it over 140,000 miles of public roads. I also learned, reading that article, that Google is sponsoring a prize for landing … Continue reading
On October 5th 2010, the Flemish business paper De Tijd published a short article entitled “Banken blijven noodlijdend technologiebedrijf Option steunen” (Banks are obliged to go on supporting the technology company Option). Option is a Belgian company manufacturing mobile modems. … Continue reading
For years, I have been explaining to my students that there is a potential conflict of interest between the owners of a company and the people that lend money to it. Indeed, shareholders have the chance to get an upside on … Continue reading