- Hello world! on
- Makers remain intact, despite lockdowns November 23, 2020Economically, Europe’s second lockdown will be a lot less painful than the first. That owes much to manufacturers’ resilience.
- Electric vehicles: double, double toil and bubble November 23, 2020Two more EV bubble data points.
- Further reading November 23, 2020Covid cronyism; income inequality; taxis and Tesla; Russia’s “road of bones”; and much more.
- Covid kills, but do we overestimate the risk? November 20, 2020Well, it’s complicated.
- Is PayPal driving the bitcoin spike? November 20, 2020PayPal’s entry into the bitcoin market on October 21 coincides with the recent bitcoin mega rally and some believe the two could be connected.
- Makers remain intact, despite lockdowns November 23, 2020
Category Archives: Choice Debt Equity
On October 10th, it was revealed that Google is developing a self-driving car and that it had already tested it over 140,000 miles of public roads. I also learned, reading that article, that Google is sponsoring a prize for landing … Continue reading
On October 5th 2010, the Flemish business paper De Tijd published a short article entitled “Banken blijven noodlijdend technologiebedrijf Option steunen” (Banks are obliged to go on supporting the technology company Option). Option is a Belgian company manufacturing mobile modems. … Continue reading
For years, I have been explaining to my students that there is a potential conflict of interest between the owners of a company and the people that lend money to it. Indeed, shareholders have the chance to get an upside on … Continue reading